Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Local Food Challenge - Day 2

Some of the food today was the same as yesterday. I guess we all eat left-overs quite a bit. That's local... just go to the 'fridge... AND it's recycling, ya?

  • I had more of my cut-up (leftover) french toast from Great Harvest bread in Duluth.
  • My bottles were 1/2-formula & 1/2 local milk. I think we're going to keep this change from now on and try to always use this local milk. Cool, huh?
  • For lunch, I had more left-over pasta with the CSA steamed zucchini and carrots in it.
  • For dinner, I had something new: steamed potatoes from our CSA that were "smashed" and mixed with some milk.... sort of like mashed potatoes! AND there was some (previously steamed & frozen) broccoli in it too which came from our CSA last month. It was soooooo YUMMY. "mmmmmmmmm......"

  • Mommy did something this morning that she tries not to do. She just had a piece of toast and a Coca-Cola. She was running late and stopped on her way to work to buy a Coke. She tries not to drink the stuff, but occasionally feels like she "has" to have caffeine. (It's from Atlanta, though)
  • For Lunch, she had the left over pork chop with Balsamic Peach Glaze (from local farms) and the Rosemary Roasted potatoes (from the CSA).
  • Daddy had his yogurt again with the granola - which was made here in Marietta.
  • And after I finished my food - they both had their dinner which was some left-over home-made pizza from the weekend... it had tomatoes and basil from our back yard garden. I sort of begged them for some while they were eating. I got little bits of crust and cheese and also little bits of tomatoes.

    Tomorrow... I'm hoping we'll get to try some new things. I like my french toast and my steamed zucchini, but... variety is the spice of life - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment